Primary Producer: Fruit, Vegetables & Plants
All primary producers at the Peterborough Regional Farmers' Market grow or produce 100% of the product they sell. Each vendor is third party verified. Follow the links under our vendor profile pictures to view certifications and verifications. The Peterborough Regional Farmers' Network also enjoys the great privilege of visiting all vendors at their farms to build a connection and level of trust, which we can then pass onto our customers with utmost confidence. We believe in transparency and providing our community with local food we can all trust.
Quick Producer List - See bios below
- Allin's Orchards
- Ashburnham Farm Gaelic Garlic
- Chick-a-biddy Acres
- Circle Organic
- Foragers Farms (bio coming)
- Grandmas Heritage Plants
- Kendal Hill Game Farm (mushrooms)
- Martins Fruit and Vegetable Farm
- McLean Berry Farm
- Millbrook Orchards
- Nautilus Farm
- PineHaven Farm
- Riel Acres Farm
- Small Spade Inc.
- The Back 40
- The Farm on Argyle
- The Manor Farm
- Tiny Greens (bio coming)
- Warner Farm (Niagara fruit)
We are a family run farm located along Hwy 115 in Newcastle. We are growers of 26 varieties of apples, pears, plums, and various vegetables. We have been growing quality fruits for over 50 years and have an on site store that is open seasonally.
- Contact: Brian & Irene Allin
- 3479 Concession Road #3, Newcastle, ON
- Distance from the market = 53 km
- firstname.lastname@example.org 905 . 987 . 2295
Products: Apples, pears & plums.
Starting in August.
Ashburnham Farms Gaelic Garlic
An all natural grass fed beef operation with a major focus on garlic and other vegetables such as asparagus, rhubarb, sweet potatoes, artichokes, squash, as well as unsprayed apples.
- Contact: Romeyn Stevenson
- Township of South Monaghan , Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 16km
- email@example.com 705 . 939 . 2300
Products: grass fed beef, garlic and garlic scapes and garlic starter plants, garlic pesto etc, sweet potatoes, squash, rhubarb, asparagus, artichokes, unsprayed apples.
Chick-a-biddy Acres is a bona-fide small farm growing authentic, hand-made food! From the seed to your plate, we pour our hearts and backs into it, along with a healthy dose of muscle, guts and luck :) We keep people connected to their food through the CSA program, and teach interns how to get back to the land using a sustainable, ecological approach to farming.
- Contacts: Sherry Patterson
- Hastings, Township of Asphodel Norwood, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 30km
- firstname.lastname@example.org 705 . 696 . 3506
- Facebook: @chickabiddyacres
- Instagram: @chickabiddy_acres
Products: Spinach, Mesclun Mix, Arugula, Radish, Spring Turnip, Garlic Scapes, Herbs, Swiss Chard, Basil, Beets, Broccoli, Potatoes, Cabbage, Lettuce, Hot Peppers, Peas, Scallions, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Carrots, Cucumbers, Peppers, Onions, Beans, Ground Cherries, Tomatillos, Eggplant, Celeriac, Collards, Kale, Leeks, Tat Soi, Winter Squash, Pumpkin, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Flowers.
Circle Organic is a four-season organic vegetable farm in Millbrook, Ontario. We grow a wide range of high quality, nutrient-dense vegetables, fruits and herbs, which we distribute through our Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) program and various farmers’ markets. We are certified organic by Pro-Cert. As land stewards and advocates of good health, we aim to grow our food to the highest ecological and nutritional standards. Together with our community, we are working to create a local food system that is resilient, restorative and nourishing.
- Contacts: Julie Fleming & Andrew Flaman
- Millbrook, Township of Cavan Monaghan, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 27 km
- email@example.com 705 . 932 . 9888
- Facebook: @circleorganic
- Instagram: @circleorganic
Products: Arugula, Asparagus, Basil, Beans, Beets, Bell Peppers, Bok choy, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celeriac, Collards, Cucumber, Edamame beans, Eggplant, Fennel, Garlic, Herbs (Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Parsley, Thyme, Rosemary, etc.), Kale, Kohlrabi, Leek, Lettuce, Micro-greens, Napa cabbage, Onions, Parsnip, Peas, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Radicchio, Radish (summer/winter), Rhubarb, Rutabaga, Salad mix, Salad brassica mix, Scallions, Spinach, Squash winter, Squash summer, Swiss chard, Tomatoes, Turnip, Zucchini, Blackberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Watermelon, Compost mix.
Grandma's Heritage Plants
We are a small mom and pop naturally grown heritage tomato and vegetable plant operation. Bruce and I have always loved to garden, so in our retirement we decided to share our flavourful veggies with everyone who wanted the taste of heritage vegetables and there true flavours.
- Contacts: Bruce Rogers and Debbie Dow
- Indian River, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 19 km
- DebbieDow06@gmail.com 705 . 295 . 2608
Products: Tomato Seedlings - varieties include: "Cossack pineapple", "Dinner Plate Drazuba," Galinas," "Paul Robeson," "Peking Panda". Also tomatoes, Brussel Sprouts, Romanesco, Broccoli and Basil.
KENDAL HILLS GAME FARM
Kendal Hills Game Farm is situated on 70 acres of rolling woodland in the ecologically sensitive Oak Ridges Moraine. Emily has called Kendal Hills home since she was a child and now she and Dave, as well as their two kids and her parents, are working with the land to farm pasture-raised fowl & other livestock and to cultivate and wild-harvest gourmet mushrooms. Emily & Dave are committed to the principles of regenerative agriculture.
- Contacts: Dave Kranenburg
- Orono, Clarke Township, Durham county
- Distance from the market = 45km
- firstname.lastname@example.org 416 . 824 . 1917
- Mushrooms (shiitake, reishi, lion's mane, cinnamon cap, beech, pioppino, and six types of oysters)
- Chicken; pastured and raised on certified organic feed
- Heritage turkeys; pastured and raised on certified organic feed
- Toulouse Goose; free-roaming & non-GM feed
- Bobwhite Quail eggs; raised outdoors in flight pen on certified organic feed
- Muscovy duck; free-roaming & non-GM feed
- Squab; raised outdoors in flight pens & non-GM feed
- Rabbit; cage-free, free-roaming & non-GM feed
- Tamworth pork; pastured & non-GM feed
- Honey from the 20 hives on our farm
Martin's Fruit and Vegetable Farm
The farm is 23 acres of this 13 acres is trees and a pond which is stream fed . The rest is about 6 to 7acres for growing fruit and vegetables . the soil type is sandy loam,no stones or rocks.The subsoil is 21 feet of sand so we need to irrigate most years . Our farm grows typical vegetables and fruit but still unique. Example banana Fingerling potatoes, orange tomatoes and very special sweet corn that is blue.
- Contacts: Martin Oates
- Trent Hills, Northumberland County
- Distance from the market = 53 km
- email@example.com 705 . 653 . 0389
Products: potatoes, beets, carrots, gourds, pumpkins, zucchini, squash, radishes, sweet corn, beans, dill, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, turnips, sunflowers, chums, white strawberries, corn stalks, straw bales, painted corn, asparagus, hot peppers, cherry tomatoes.
McLean Berry Farm
McLean Berry Farm is a family run fruit and vegetable farm just outside of Buckhorn, Ontario. We grow a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables such as asparagus, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, rhubarb, peas, beans, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, sweet corn, squash, pumpkins, gourds, decorative corn, currants, gooseberries, fall raspberries, ever bearing strawberries and much more. We also produce a wide variety of homemade jams and preserves and make maple syrup each spring.
- Contacts: Erin, Ben & Sam McLean
- Lakefield, Township of Selwyn, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 27km
- firstname.lastname@example.org call or text 705 . 657 . 2134
Products: Asparagus, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, rhubarb, peas, beans, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, sweet corn, squash, pumpkins, gourds, decorative corn, currants, gooseberries, fall raspberries, ever bearing strawberries, blackberries, jams, maple syrup, preserves.
We are a local family farm that grows organic fruit and grains. We specialize in haskaps.
- Contacts: Mike Arndt
- Millbrook, Township of Cavan Monaghan, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 28 km
Products: Haskaps, strawberries, raspberries, Asian pears, black currants, jams and jellies.
Nautilus Farm (Formerly Twin Pine Farm)
Located in the foothills of the Indian River, Nautilus Farm was founded with a strong vision of sustainability and stewardship of the earth. We strive to provide the highest quality, organically grown (currently non-certified) farm produce available to all at affordable prices. The market garden side of the business has become somewhat specialized in garlic production and now provides the community with a reliable source of premium seed garlic. The long term vision of the farm is to create a system of agroforestry where the natural forces that maintain forest systems are put to use growing food from fruit and nut trees. To that end, we have been planting out a great number of different perennial food producing trees and shrubs to determine which are the most suitable to our region and would be good candidates for larger scale diversified agroforesty. We are currently offering some of those perennials at the market for spring plantings.
- Contacts: Todd Noble
- Indian River, Township of Otonabee South Monaghan, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 17km
- email@example.com 705 . 957 . 0618
Products: Garlic, garlic scapes, seed garlic, cherry tomatoes, large tomatoes, aronia berries, sweet and hot peppers, radish, beets, carrots, kale, lettuce, spinach, squash, pumpkins, onions, tomatillos, beans, basil, eggplant, zucchini, cucumber, potatoes, rhubarb, and perhaps other 100% farm grown fruit and vegetables. I will also be selling fruit and nut producing perennials such as hazelnuts, aronia berries and others.
Local grower of many vegetables, especially many varieties of potatoes. Lifelong farmers' market vendor.
- Contacts: John Wood
- Millbrook, Township of Cavan Monaghan, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 23km
- firstname.lastname@example.org 705 . 932 . 3540
Products: Potatoes, beans, beets, carrots, parsnips, cucumbers, squash, pumpkin
Rhyzosphere is a four person, vegetable and cut-flowers growing, forward thinking, fun having, permaculture focused, local, small-scale farm. We started our farm with the intention of regenerating both land and bodies with healthy food and loving growing practices.
- Contacts: Ben, Devin, Anna and Dorothea
- Cavan, Township of Cavan Monaghan, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 21km
- email@example.com 289 . 407 . 5841
Product: Spicy salad mix, lettuce heads, spinach, squash (many varieties), parsnip, carrots, hearty greens, herbs, zucchini, onion, hot peppers, tomatoes, turnip, rutabaga, beets, radish, fennel, , cucumbers, ground cherries, kale, swiss chard, cabbage, beans, peas. cut flowers, some arrangements in our hand made pottery.
Riel Acres farm
We are a family-run farm with the goal of producing quality vegetables, meat and eggs for ourselves and our expanding customer base. We pride ourselves on following organic, self-sustaining practices. Our customers include several local restaurants as well as everyday people looking to eat locally-grown, top quality produce. We are constantly expanding the variety of vegetables we grow in order to meet the demands of our diverse customer needs. Our passion is food and we are excited to be able to grow and raise quality food products for ourselves and our customers!
- Contacts: Trevor Riel
- Lakefield, Township Selwyn, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 25km
- firstname.lastname@example.org 705 . 977 . 7234
Products: Lettuce, spinach, kale, tomato, eggplant, cucumber, potato, radish, arugula, rhubarb, asparagus, herbs, turnip, squash, corn, carrot, onion, garlic, pickles, preserves, chutney, pumpkin, beans.
Small Spade Inc.
Small Spade Inc. is a certified organic, 6.5 acre family farm located in Stirling, Ontario. Our focus is on growing heirloom and rare varieties of salad and cooking greens, tomatoes and small root crops like beet, radish and turnip. We also grow baby ginger and turmeric in our passive solar hoop-houses. Our herd of Dwarf Nigerian Dairy goats and our flock of heritage breed laying hens provide us with compost for our market garden, and our soil is tested yearly and re-mineralized, resulting in very nutrient-dense produce with incredible flavour.
- Contacts: Lauren Nurse
- Stirling, Hastings County
- Distance from the market = 78km
- email@example.com 416 . 897 . 3462
Products: We grow baby ginger and baby turmeric in our passive solar greenhouses (available fresh in late summer & fall season, and frozen throughout year), and we produce hard to find european heirloom varieties of salad greens like mâche, agretti, minutina, beira tronchuda, specialty dandelion greens, endive, radicchio, chicory, persian cress and claytonia - as well as the standards like mesclun, edible flower salad mixes, mustards, romaines and arugula. We also grow small salad root crops like specialty japanese turnips, baby beets, small tender salad onions, green shallot, grey/french shallots, and specialty radishes. We will have early potatoes available this season, as well as colourful varieties with blue and pink flesh. Green garlic, garlic scapes and bulbs will also be available throughout season.
The Back 40
The Back 40 is a small local producer of sustainable produce and cut flowers located in Pontypool. We are MyPick verified and have been inspected by Farmers' Markets Ontario. We welcome visitors to our farm anytime, and provide farm gate sales throughout most of the growing season. We also supply some local grocery stores with locally grown products during the growing season. Additionally, all of our excess produce makes its way to local food shelters through our donations to the Peterborough Foodshare system.
- Contacts: Gaston (Gus) Primeau
- Pontpool, City of Kawatha Lakes, Victoria County
- Distance from the market = 33km
- Gus@theback40.ca 705 . 277 . 2791
Products: Cut flowers - peonies, dahlias, gladiolas, oriental lilies. Rhubarb, peas, snow peas, beets, carrots Summer (zucchini) and winter squash, pumpkins, Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussel sprouts, Yellow and green beans, Tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, sweet and hot peppers, Various lettuces - iceberg, leaf, bib and Boston, Sweet corn, Kale, Swiss Chard, Potatoes - approx. 30 varieties of classic and heritage potatoes.
The Farm on Argyle
We are a family operated urban micro farm located a mere 2 km from the PRFM. We follow organic growing practices to grow a variety of fruit and vegetables.
- Contacts: Paul-Marc Abrioux
- City of Peterborough, Peterborough County
- Distance from the market = 2.5km
- firstname.lastname@example.org 705 . 559 . 1432
- Facebook link
Products: Strawberries, lettuce, kale, green onions, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, cilantro, basil, snap peas, pea shoots, beets, mixed greens, beans, sour cherries, asian pears and a little bit of asparagus.
The Manor Farm
We are a relatively new farm in Roseneath with a focus on innovative growing techniques. We have several acres of nut orchards planted - the market will have to wait awhile for these. We also have a commercial microgreens business supplying several restaurants in the area. With luck, this fall will yield over 30,000 hardneck garlic. This spring, we are putting up a 4500 square foot hydroponic lettuce house. We will also be producing a line of garlic products (scapes) in conjunction with the Agri-Food Venture Centre in Colborne.
- Contacts: William Shane Stuck
- Roseneath, Northumberland County
- Distance from the market = 52 km
- email@example.com 416 . 436 . 2210
Products: Offering over 25 different varieties of Micro-greens. Also, over a dozen specialized lettuce offerings. Several Kale and Swiss Chard, Spinach, Arugula, Specialized herbs. Complementary salad components like tomatoes and radish. Garlic.
Since 1919, the Warners have been producing fruit and vegetables in Beamsville. We aim to offer tree ripened, full flavoured fruit, at the farm and markets we attend.
- Contact: Torrie Warner
- Beamsville, Niagara Region
- Distance from the market = 230 km
- firstname.lastname@example.org 905 . 328 . 8071
Products: Apples, peaches, nectarines, pears, apricots, sweet cherries, sour cherries, plums, cider, grape juice, grapes, currants, gooseberries, blackberries, quince, nuts.